Monday, October 24, 2022

Is there an English word that captures the overall concept behind masculine and feminine?

We use terms like "feminine" and "masculine" without thinking about how to define them. They are clearly associated with terms like "female" and "male", but since we find "femininity" in men and "masculinity" in women, there is clearly no one to one relationship.

Then there is the fact that what is considered "masculine" and "feminine" varies from culture to culture and from epoch to epoch.

Is there an English language term that captures the whole feminine/masculine spectrum?

This is the topic for a discussion over at Crossdream Life. 

Painting of King Louis XIV of France with red high heels.  

A safe place for discussing gender variance!

Popular Posts